Welcome to DCD.com!
ABOUT DCD    THE MAGAZINE    D4COST    CONTACT    HOME
Welcome to DCD.com!
ISSUE ARCHIVE     CURRENT ISSUE     CASE STUDIES   

 Current Issue
 Click here to
 read the issue.
Click Here To Access The DCD Archives™
Subscriber Login

Content/Departments
   Current Issue
   Issue Archive
   Specifiers Spotlights
   Building Products Revue
   TradeWinds
   Technical Articles
   Insights
   Case Studies
   DCD Sq. Ft. Cost Guides

   Cost Trends


Advertising
   Media Kit

Subscriptions
   Free Subscription
   Subscribe
   DCD E-News Subscription

D4COST Software


Subscribe to Design Cost Data Magazine!


  Hollenbeck Hall, Wittenberg University, Page 48Hollenbeck Hall, Wittenberg University
Architect
MacLachlan Cornelius & Filoni Architects, Inc. 
200 The Bank Tower, 307 Fourth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
www.mcfarchitects.com


Location: 
Springfield, Ohio
Total Square Feet: 63,400
Construction Period: Aug 1998 to Jan 2000

Construction Team
General Contractor: Thomas & Marker - 2084 US Route 68 South, Bellefontaine, OH 43311
Structural Engineer: H.F. Lenz Company - 1407 Scalp Avenue, Johnstown, PA 15904
Electrical & Mechanical Engineer: H.F. Lenz Company - 1407 Scalp Avenue, Johnstown, PA 15904
Cost Estimator: Jeffsan, Inc. - P.O. Box 7037, Huntington Woods, MI 48070


With Hollenbeck Hall, Wittenberg University sought to bridge the traditions of its liberal arts background with the needs of today's students and technology. Hollenbeck Hall is the new home for the humanities and is much more than just a collection of classrooms and offices. It is a place to bring people and ideas together.

The hall is oriented at the top of Meyrs Hollow and is sited so the center tower is on axis with the campus entrance. The building form is divided into five distinct parts helping to maintain the campus scale. Each part is detailed differently picking up images of Wittenberg's rich building heritage. The warm brick with limestone is complemented with large sections of glass curtainwall.

The building is centered around a sun- lit atrium featuring the masonry tower and flanked by a 100-seat auditorium. The area not only serves as teaching space, but functions for social, academic and alumni gatherings for the entire community.

Off the atrium, are the faculty offices with classrooms and programs at the two ends. Each of the sections twist slightly, like streets of an old town, to avoid long corridors and the offsets are used to create lounge spaces for student/faculty interaction. All classrooms are equipped with the latest in teaching technology.

Manufacturers/Suppliers
DIV 04: Brick: Glen Gery.
DIV 08: Metal Doors & Frames: Curries; Special Doors: Algoma; Entrances & Storefronts: Kawneer; Hardware: Hager, Sargent, Best.
DIV 07: Fiberglass Shingles: CertainTeed.
DIV 09: Carpet: Lees; Terrazzo: Wausua; Tile: Dal-Tile; VCT: Armstrong; Gypsum Board: United States Gypsum; Paint: Sherwin Williams.
DIV 10: Toilet & Bath Accessories: Bradley.
DIV 14: Elevators: Otis.
 


©2012 Copyright DC&D Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. Email: webmaster@dcd.com